Welcome to the Social Media Association. We are delighted that you are visiting our website.
SMA is the right group for you — if, like us, you create, manage, use, or advise about social media, digital content, and new emerging technologies for your company or for your clients’ businesses.
SMA will inform you about best practices, industry developments, and cutting-edge communications technologies and platforms.
SMA will encourage you to think creatively, solve problems, meet and network with peers, and stay ahead of the curve.
Like you, we seek to have an impact on new ways of communicating, branding, and interfacing with colleagues, vendors, customers, and the public. Our members and sponsors include a broad spectrum of the American economy:
- Not-for-profit organizations (both national and regional)
- Mid-cap companies
- Emerging companies
- Fortune 500 companies
- Businesses that utilize Facebook surveys and contests, visual and viral marketing, and other new social ways to connect with their existing and prospective customers
- Businesses and their CEOs who are being urged to jump on the social bandwagon to expand their businesses, but who are not sure exactly what social interaction means, or how to begin the process
- Developers who are creating 3rd party apps, wearable products, 3d printing, and other disruptive technologies
- Public relations and marketing professionals who produce new media and cutting-edge communications technologies for operating companies
- Trusted advisors to business: lawyers like myself; prominent accountants; commercial bankers; insurance companies; and wealth managers
For all of you, SMA will broaden your vision about the vast potential of social and new media.
About Our Events
We host many meetings that feature diverse speakers and events on Long Island, in Manhattan, and Brooklyn.
During the past year, our presenters have included:
- The Chief Information Officer of IBM
- The first investor in Pinterest
- Visual media experts
- Branding experts
- Not-for-profit organizations that use social media to facilitate their charitable purposes
- Entrepreneurs of successful start-up companies
- Experts in privacy law and copyright law
We also conduct events for beginning users of social media. Our experienced team provides hands-on training to demonstrate how to use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and other social platforms effectively to enhance one’s business.
In addition, we periodically host informal tweetups and meetups throughout the year, providing networking opportunities and social engagement for members and friends alike.
We hope you will consider attending one of SMA’s events. If your curiosity and interest are piqued, you are cordially invited to become an SMA member or sponsor.
Give us a try. And follow our hashtag, #SoMeAssoc, to see what we’re up to.
Donna Rivera-Downey & Sharyn O’Mara, Co-Presidents
Social Media Association, Inc.